Well I actually did it. I painted like I said I would. I got up on Saturday morning and just started taping. I find that to be the most time consuming and tedious part of painting.
The actual painting part didn't take too long since I was only painting the upper portion of the wall. I did one coat of primer to cover the blue and then one coat of Valspar Cream in my Coffee paint. It's coming across a little lighter in the pictures but it is a lovely creamy color with enough contrast against the white trim.
To refresh your memory here is the sitting room before. Take note of the window coverings too.
There wasn't really anything wrong with the before. It just wasn't a color that I would have picked. To me it looked like a baby's room. The wallpaper on the bottom half will go eventually but it doesn't bother me as much with the new paint color.
I also refashioned the window coverings. I'm not a fan of those roman shades or whatever they are called. Each window actually has two curtains on it. A chiffon like shade with crystal trim and the pale cream and blue toile hanging over it. I cut the toile in half and hemmed it to make a flat panel then sewed about two inches of the chiffon with the crystal trim to the hem. Much less fussy looking to me.
Please ignore what appears to be a dead cat in the next picture. Belle has to be in the center of things.
Eventually we will get new chairs (I want a pair of these) and new carpeting. But for now I'm happy with how the room looks.