- Here's a cheerful bit of bling for your neck. Or if that is too much (or you want a matching set) here are a pair of earrings for just a bit of color and sparkle
- Okay I may be rushing the season but these watermelon stacks look so cute and refreshing. Can't wait to make them
- I was looking for 40's interior paint colors when I came across this kitchen renovation. I love it! That they kept the original cabinets and any new addition or change was selected to fit into the 40's esthetic. I also love the colors. I would do the reverse though (color on the walls with white cabinets)
- We need a clock for our 40's kitchen and I was thinking this one would do nicely
- This has been all over the interwebs this week but in case you missed it - How women see themselves vs. how others see them (we are always our worst critics, aren't we?)
Happy Friday everyone! I'm still buried in boxes but there is light at the end of the tunnel. We are kind of picking at little projects and identifying the bigger ones. Plumber is due to arrive any minute (which I fear will be a BIG project).
So I answered my own question about washing fabric roll-up shades. It doesn't work out so well! Ha! I took one down and unrolled it and the fabric is just taped to the rod with masking tape. Well this should be easy, I thought. I removed the fabric, tossed them in the washing machine and they shrunk in width by three or four inches! Whoops. I did go online and research the manufacturer and even though I couldn't find the exact shade all their other fabric shades seemed to be a poly/cotton blend so I thought I was safe.
I popped on over to our local JoAnns who was clearing out their stock in preparation for moving to a new location and bought roller shade material for about $8. I also bought some beaded trim to finish it off and made new shades for both windows in just a couple of hours. I'll try to post a picture next week. Wasn't a project I was planning on undertaking but it was way easier and cheaper than I thought it would be.
Hope everyone has a marvelous weekend!
Edited to add: The "Home Sweet Home" print in today's photo mosaic is available on this Etsy site: One Little Bird Studio I just found it online!